1. Will It Work In Your Garage?
Measurements & Clearances
Make sure to measure the backside of your garage door.
2. Tools You Will Need
For Proper Assembly and Installation
Make sure you are using a brand new razor blade when cutting screen.
3. Opening The Box
1. Be sure to inspect all packages for damages at time of delivery. Any damages must be notated on shippers receipt before driver leaves.
2. NEVER slice into any of the boxes with a razor knife.
4. Jobsite Preparation
Setting Up & Being Organized
1. Take the time to get organized. It will definitely be worth your time and help speed up your installation.
5. Garage Door Adjustments
Opener, Draw Bar And Back Hang
Be mindful that repeated opening and closing of the garage door can overheat the opener.
6. Frame Assembly
Understanding Frame Components
Use only a hand screw driver when attaching magnet catches and DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN.
7a. Screening Video 1
Proper Spline Insertion
7b. Screening Video 2
Patended Screen Clips
7c. Screening Video 3
Super Screen Install Technique
7d. Screening Video 4
Removing Screen Bubbles
8. Leveling The Garage Door Screen
How to level your screen
Backer rod or pipe insulation can be used to level the frame. It can also be used when more height is needed from the frame to accommodate over sized openings.
9. Track Assembly Installation
Easy assembling steps
1. Tracks should NOT touch the floor.
2. Tightening the fasteners of the track should be done last. Start from the back and work your way forward, ensuring the tracks line up and fit in the tight radius corners so rollers will operate smoothly during transition through the tight radius from horizontal to vertical.
10. Springs & Counterbalance System
How To Assemble
1. ALWAYS have the safety cable in place.
2. Spring chart in the installation manual is a starting point. The more pretension you add the easier the screen will go up but it will take more effort to put down.
11. Retractable Screen Door Assembly
How to install
1. The retractable door comes ready to install on the right hand side of the opening (outside looking in).
2. Handles of the retractable need to be centered on the pull bar and tightened. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN.
3. Only use a dry silicone spray when lubricating the track of the retractable door.
12. Safety Photo Eye
13. Final Checks & Verfication
14. Proper Operation & Storage
1. When retracting the Lifestyle Screen, always store with retractable center door in the retracted position.
15. Lubrication And Preventative Maintenance
Never use WD-40 as lubricant. Always use a dry silicone spray lubricant.
16. Overhead Access
How To Access Overhead Spaces
17. Torsional Counter Balance System for 9′ & 10′
How To Install